2013/02/28

State 29 New Mexico

State 29 was New Mexico. It was a Spur of the Moment trip. My friends Liz and Henk Roelant who live in Las Cruces New Mexico invited me to come out and do the Half Marathon there. My girlfriend and I drove and we left on Saturday morning. I had to work and we left at 10:30 when I got off. It was a long drive and we got to Las Cruces about 1:00 on Sunday morning. Liz and Henk were able to get my packet so all I had to do was get up and run at 7:00. Simple enough huh? Well, as it seems with most of my events , it wasn't that easy.I didn't sleep real well during the drive in the car, and only about 4.5 hours at Liz's. Las Cruces is at about 4000 ft so I wasn't used to the elevation either. This was a "Just get it In" run. The weather was perfect for it and the course was a fairly Flat Out and Back. It was a very small race and as such there was not a lot of spectators out that morning. We didn't stay in Las Cruces long. We left after shortly after the race and got to see the White Sands Missile area which is just North of Las Cruces.

No comments:

Post a Comment